HOW TO CREATE A WORK ENVIRONMENT THAT MAKES SPACE FOR OUR EMOTIONS AND OUR CREATIVITY
If you’re following my posts you’ll know that I’m a big believer in innovative ways of working; ways that create space for our humanity and the kinds of experiences that I’m having right now and that I wrote about earlier today.
Environments where our internal work acts as fuel for the business rather than something we engage in privately and ‘on the side’.
In this blog I share how the agents of Transformation Agency came together and the kinds of questions we asked ourselves in the process of creating a whole new business model……..
“Specifically, we turned our attention to some of the most critical questions we now face in business. Questions such as:
– What kind of structure can offer the freedom to choose how we spend our time, create work/life integration and still be maximally productive?;
– How can we have a leader when we really need one, without creating hierarchy or disempowering ourselves?;
– How can we peg compensation to the kind of contribution and connection we uniquely value, rather than time, title or even necessarily prior experience?;
– How can we create a safe space for people to feel their emotions without getting too caught up in relational processes and impacting productivity or decision-making?;
– How can we create a space that encourages people to authentically self-express and allows them to feel connected to, deeply seen and appreciated by others for the contribution they’re making to the world?; and
– How can we make the things that people typically find difficult and lonely, into something fun and collaborative?
In coming to this process of enquiry through an evolutionary development lens, and putting our collective attention on these questions, we discovered…….” more than we could ever have imagined.
You can read more here.